Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday #72

Hi everyone and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be participating in Waiting on Wednesday, and meme originally created by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. Jill hasn't been active for a while, so Tressa @ Wishful Endings has adopted it! If you see posts by the name of "Can't Wait Wednesday," it's the same thing!

The book I'm looking forward to this week is From Twinkle, With Love by Sandhya Menon!
Aspiring filmmaker and wallflower Twinkle Mehra has stories she wants to tell and universes she wants to explore, if only the world would listen. So when fellow film geek Sahil Roy approaches her to direct a movie for the upcoming Summer Festival, Twinkle is all over it. The chance to publicly showcase her voice as a director? Dream come true. The fact that it gets her closer to her longtime crush, Neil Roy—a.k.a. Sahil’s twin brother? Dream come true x 2.

When mystery man “N” begins emailing her, Twinkle is sure it’s Neil, finally ready to begin their happily-ever-after. The only slightly inconvenient problem is that, in the course of movie-making, she’s fallen madly in love with the irresistibly adorkable Sahil.

Twinkle soon realizes that resistance is futile: The romance she’s got is not the one she’s scripted. But will it be enough?

Told through the letters Twinkle writes to her favorite female filmmakers, From Twinkle, with Love navigates big truths about friendship, family, and the unexpected places love can find you.

Why I'm Waiting

Last summer, I read When Dimple Met Rishi, and loved it! I thought the book was the perfect summer read, and I'm looking forward to reading this book during my summer break. :) Also, I love film! I am actually thinking about being a global cinema minor for college (I'm a good portion through the requirements without meaning to!), and I think I'll be able to connect more to Twinkle than I was Dimple. Also, I love emails/texts in books, so I'm looking forward to Twinkle and "N"'s correspondence.

Are you looking forward to From Twinkle, With Love?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

12 comments:

  1. Seeing a lot of this one lately! Hope you love it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been getting a lot of attention! Thanks Jessica!

      Delete
  2. My friend just read this one and loved it! I'm hoping to read it soon. I liked but didn't love WDMR but I think I will love this companion novel. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a great day, Genni. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great to hear! Wait..I didn't know that this was a companion novel! That makes me want to read this even more. :)

      I hope you love this one Alyssa!
      Have a great day as well. :)

      Delete
  3. This has been a popular pick the last few weeks. I haven't read When Dimple Met Rishi but have heard fantastic things about it. Hope you enjoy this one :D

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure has been! I was surprised to see that the rating for When Dimple Met Rishi was 3.77. I had seen so many glowing review that I expected it to be at least a 4.0!

      Thank you Lillian!

      Delete
  4. I am also looking forward to this! It's on my TBR list!! Great pick

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fun! I haven't read Dimple yet but from the reviews I've seen it looks all kinds of awesome. Hopefully this will be too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping! Dimple is super heartwarming, and I'm looking forward to just reading something fun this summer!

      Delete
  6. Oooh! I'm really excited for this book too! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronyell! Fingers crossed that we both love it!

      Delete